_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Blue-er

While I was getting ready yesterday, I remembered my turquoise sweater. Since turquoise is a mix of blue and green, I figured it should work with the skirt and it did. The comments were along the lines of you look great.




Later, I checked the sweater against the fabric and it is blue-er. Some colors are hard to determine which color card category they fall in to. The sweater looks turquoise to me which is a combination of blue and green however, on the color cards, it was closer to the aqua-blue range of which the compliment is orange red.

At first glance, orange-red didn't appear to be the right card for the skirt BUT... shades (the color plus black) and tones (the color plus grey) can be hard to read especially when surrounded by another color like they are with black on this skirt. There are shades and tones of dusty pink on the orange-red, the red, and the blue-red cards. Since the fabric sings with the sweater and not nearly as well with the fabric, it appears to be true that its dusty pink is in the orange-red range.

Bottom line - the blouse is already cut out. We'll assume that when I finish sewing it, it looks fabulous. Wearing some blue-er jewelry would help bring it together with the skirt. Anything in the split complimentary range of blue-green, aqua-green, turquoise, or cerulean blue (cards 7, 8, 9, and 10 on the 3 in 1 Color Tool) would work well. Fun!

Before I can wear anything with that skirt, it has to be altered again. Remember how I resolved the issue with the kick pleat leaning outward by sewing it shut. Bad idea. If you could have seen me trying to walk across the parking lot yesterday, you'd have burst out laughing. Worse than a teenage boy running in his poopy droopy pants. Short, mincing steps. It looked totally ridiculous.

After Arts & Crafts and before lunch and errands, I went home and changed. The skirt is back in the studio waiting to have the back seam split and the kick pleat re-created. Silly me! Other than that, it was great. Very me-ish and possibly another T & T pattern. Definitely one for my SWAP plan. I'm sewing today. If I finish the blouse, I'll know if it fits in the plan too. I hope so.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - a wonderful time at knitting last night, lots of laughter

1 comment:

  1. The outfit looks good with the sweater. You're helping me with color on these last two posts. My 3 in 1 color tool is on its way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete