_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Quite The Workout

It seems that I'm turning into a social bunny this week. Yesterday, was the two knitting groups. This morning, one of the women is coming over for coffee and tonight, Wendy comes to quilt. Tomorrow, I'm having morning coffee with one friend and lunch with another. They've both been away for the past two weeks and we need to get caught up. Friday, I will drive about half an hour out of town to spend a few hours with a third friend. She's been knitting baby caps out of bits and pieces of left over yarn and will show me how. They are REALLY cute and will help with my "stash" of balls to be re-knit.




I made a good start on the capelet. Each row eight increases are added which means a row takes longer and longer as I go. In order to make sure the capelet is the correct length, I'm going to pause on knitting the body and pick up and knit the collar. That way, I can try it on, knit to the correct length, add the three inches of ribbing, cast off, and be done. Well - except for adding the buttons. Three I think.

If I were to knit this capelet again, I would use a provisional cast on at the top. That way, the collar would flow seamlessly from the body. I wish that I had thought of that sooner. I'm resisting the urge to rip it out and take that approach. I'm so like that when I have a "make it better" idea.




Last week, I bought these boots at the Oprah Winfrey and Payless Shoes 50% off sale. They're fairly high. I wore them to knitting in the morning so I could break them in while (mostly) sitting. Very fun. I had a few errands to do downtown as well. They were three blocks apart. Walking up and back in high high heels was quite the workout. My posture, tummy, calves and thighs got stretched and toned. Wearing heels is way more fun that sweating it out in a gym - LOL. They're going to look fabulous with a skirt made from the purple paisley.

At the same sale, I bought heels to wear with my Christmas outfit. They are here in the studio to practice dancing in so that I'm quite comfortable by the time we go - if we go. I've been watching for the invitation and asking Howard if they've discussed the party at work yet and so far, no news. Hmm... I may have an outfit and shoes and no party to go to.




This is the used book I ordered - Sewing Lingerie That Fits. It is so neat and clean that it looks like the previous owner didn't even crack the cover. I flipped through and there are several sections on appropriate fabrics including one in the bra section. I'm looking forward to reading that and - hopefully - I will have something in stash that will do the trick.

I'd planned to clean house this morning and then did it yesterday afternoon since I am getting company. Instead, I'll bake another GF lemon loaf and do a bit of tidying up in the studio to get ready for the visit. We'll be in here mostly.

The sweater pieces are dry. That seems like the perfect task for tonight when Wendy is here. It will be nice to have company while sewing something so tedious. Finishing the sweater will take one big task of my to do list. The remaining two are changes to the focal points on two of my textile pieces for the January exhibit. MAYBE... I'll have time to work on that this afternoon. It all depends.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - feeling positive about nearing the end of my studio to do list and - finally - moving on to new projects. Only three things left to do and I'm there. YES YES!

1 comment:

  1. You may not have a company Christmas party to go to. My employer is donating all the costs of the Thanksgiving Breakfast and the Christmas Open House to needy families in the Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky tri-state area.

    Usually when something goes away for the first time it is not returned. I hope they don't do that to use.

    Have fun with your friends, Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete