_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 6 December 2010

Fat And Possibly Pregnant

Thirty years is a long time and... that is only how long it's been since we graduated never mind any elementary and high school years spent together. Thirty years is long enough to see the world in new ways and to find points of connection with women you once knew only in passing. I think we all look pretty amazing. We all are amazing.




We had a fabulous time Friday night. Talking. For four hours straight. It was almost midnight when I got home and nearly two in the morning before I went to sleep. Considering that I went kicking and screaming to the reunion in July, it's been wonderful to reconnect with this group of women. I'm enjoying our individuality, our commonalities, and our shared (and not too thrilled with) view of high school. Back then, we each thought we were alone in our misery. Imagine if we'd talked? Live and learn, which is...




... something to do with my baking. As in live, learn, and quit. Baking. The lemon bars tasted horrible. I tried a piece and, just in case I was wrong, had my son try a piece which he promptly spit into the sink. My husband pried the lemon part off one piece and never went back for more. One cake, on the counter, for three days, is so obviously not a good cake.




And this is not a good picture angle. Howard assures me that in "real life" I do not look fat and possibly pregnant. Unfortunately, I didn't get a better picture so this one will have to do for now. At least the back...




... is more shapely only he took the picture too fast and the pant legs aren't arranged. The side seam hangs nice and straight and the crotch fits great - in real life.

Isn't it amazing the wide discrepancy between how we think we see ourselves and how we look in a picture? I really thought that I was considerably thinner. Now, I think it's time to do something about this body of mine only I don't really want to go there. Toning maybe but weight loss - not. Weight is way too long and wearying and never ending of a subject. Having climbed that slippery slope and come to some semblance of peace, I really don't want to go there again. Besides...




... although the picture looks "fat" the pants were falling off me. Had it been a skirt, it would have been flipping around back to front and back again. Even though I fit them wearing pantyhose and stay stitched the waist, they were loose on Friday night and even looser on Sunday. If I didn't have hips, they'd have ended up on the floor.

Beth talked about this same fitted then not issue with her pants just the other day. After church yesterday, I measured my waist in pantyhose and I think the solution for me may be a narrow - no more than 1" - waistband at that snug size that will anchor the waist. I'll try that with the party skirt this week.

My desktop is still broken. I'm still using the laptop. Apparently the trojan wants to dig in deep and stick around for a while. Howard hooked up a temporary computer for me and as soon as we called in my email, it was back. It's either a spam message or possibly something from Stitcher's Guild since I've been getting a lot of both messages lately. Otherwise, I don't do a lot of email but then again, it could have come from anywhere. Frustrating. All I know is it's not on my laptop and I haven't been opening email here so it's connected to email.

I made another huge batch of butter tarts yesterday afternoon. These ones are for Kyle to take to school and for the guys at Howard's work. A few might make it to the freezer, more likely into tummies. I'm done baking for now. I'll need more brown sugar and raisins if I make any more.

After I take the tarts out to Howard's work, I have two more neck rings to finish sewing and the waistband on the skirt. I should do it sooner rather than later. The party is Saturday.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - a fun time with "old" friends

4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! The top is just beautiful. And I hear you about feeling fat. But you should enjoy how lovely you look just as you are, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time because its' friendships that enhance our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trousers look fantastic! Along with the snug-fitting sweater, they make a very flattering silhouette. You must fix them if they are uncomfortable. Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the computer problems, I have been finding it very difficult to get to you blog for a visit for about a week now. I was putting it down to the Distributed Denial of Service connected with the Wiki Leaks thing because I also cannot see Erica Bunker's blog, Gertie's blog etc, etc. It might not be your computer or it might be an attack coming via your server. How you would solve that, I don't know, though. I could only get here via a cached page (not directly) if that helps to know!

    One of your lurkers, Hatty.

    ReplyDelete