_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 24 December 2010

Weirdly Behaving Husbands

My friend and I did meet for breakfast yesterday morning. We had the most interesting conversation about the strange ways in which our husbands are behaving as they age. Mine has exhibited a few unique behaviours. Hers has some similar to his, some different.

When I told Howard what we had talked about he said that's what us guys talk about too. He meant the male version of "what the heck is wrong with her" which has more to do with the weird ebb and flow of female hormones than anything else especially considering that most women I know are dealing with menopause at the moment... and weirdly behaving husbands. LOL!




Howard brought this poinsettia home from work for me the other day. Apparently, it was going to die if left at the office. That made me burst out laughing. I kill plants. We have one violet that has lasted three years. That's no small feat. There's no reason to call them shrinking violets. They're sturdy.

Plants in our house can either go a month without water, are fake, or dead however, this poinsettia dieing will NOT be my fault. It's been dropping leaves steadily since it came through the door - after a ride home in the cold car - after a carry across the parking lot in sub zero temperatures - without protection. The poor thing froze.




Even though pajamas are less structured, I still scooped the crotch to match my shape. Wearing them, it feels a little low all around. The pattern allowed for a 1/2" petite adjustment through the hip. I typically make a 1" adjustment but I thought I'd try it and see because pajamas are not supposed to be snug. Next time. I'll take another 1/2" out of the hip depth and...




... another 2 1/4" off the length unless I'm using a lettuce edge hem as I did this time in which case I will need to cut the hem width off too. Above you can see how, when I stretched the fabric to zigzag over the edge for the lettuce shaping, it wanted to roll to the right side. That created a fold over that was then stitched over resulting in a 1/8" white edge all the way around. It wasn't planned but it works.




Millicent is not very good at modeling my pants. She has a much longer crotch depth but at least you can sort of see how they look. The fabric has some interesting grey and white blotches. I'd originally bought it for a wrap dress which I'm now glad that I didn't make as blotchy in dress length would not have been flattering. There's enough fabric left to make a t-shirt which means I'll once again have a day-wear t-shirt that matches my night-wear pajama pants. The last time they were leopard print. Oh well. That's what happens when you buy LOTS of fabric - VBG.

Howard and I are both participating in the Christmas Eve services tonight. He's playing guitar and I'm singing melody and... this year... our youngest son is playing bass. What fun. Practice is at 3:00 and then there are three services at 5:00, 6:15, and 7:30. After that, we'll have an appetizer dinner, head to bed, sleep in, have a lazy morning, and meet our daughter and son-in-law at the airport in the afternoon. I can hardly wait to see them and get my Mommy hugs. They are here for five days. YES YES.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - family time

6 comments:

  1. A very merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! And tell your weird husband he can email me for bone health info whenever it suits him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Myrna! Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Myrna! May God bless you and your family with meaningful Christmas Eve services and a great Christmas Day as well.

    Thank you again for you blog. I too look forward to reading it each day.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Myrna! Thanks for your blog - I just love it and you make me THINK!

    JoyceP in WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Myrna! Best wishes to you and yours, enjoy your time with your family. Your blog is one I "tune in to" daily. It's always well written, thoughtful and thought-provoking. I really enjoy your posts.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete