_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 10 December 2010

Party Ready

When I broke a needle accidentally trying to stitch through a stay, I decided it was time to quit so the long line bra is almost finished but not quite. I have the closure and the straps left to go. Below is a teaser shot on Millicent. You can see the potential even though there's not enough tension to pull it completely into place.




You might recognize the pink with the black overlay on the cups from the last bra that I made. I have a LOT of this fabric and I like it and the rest of my outfit is in shades of this colour so it seemed just right.

The wide band elastic is from the RTW bra that I took apart. I started pulling out the stitches only there were three tight rows made - I think - by a cover stitch machine and it was going to take forever. Instead, I cut the elastic off right at the edge cutting through the fabric but not the elastic. Luckily, the elastic has a rounded ridge at the edge so the previous fabric is well hidden below. On the new bra, you can't even tell it's there.




Kyle came home from youth on Wednesday night with a green hanger. It's a gift. For me. Mine because he saw it and it was lime green and that made him think of me and so it had to be mine. Isn't he a sweetie?

Yesterday, I applied for a 20 hour a week position with a bank using my reviewed and improved resume. It'll be interesting to see what happens as I applied for what sounds like the same position with this same bank in early November before I had figured out more about this process. Hopefully, I get different results this time.

Howard thought my desk top was fixed and then it crashed again as soon as he hooked it up last night and opened email. VERY frustrating. Now he's wondering if it might be either the virus or the spam program that I'm using with email. We'll try deleting those next and see what happens. I'm getting tired of working from the laptop but thankfully I have it.

This morning is breakfast with a friend, a stop at Fabricland, some quick errands and then I'll finish the bra and put the button on the skirt. After that, I'm party ready. Should be good. I LOVE TO DANCE. Pictures and details on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - learning something new with the long line bra and stays

3 comments:

  1. The bra looks amazing! No one would ever guess it was "homemade". Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed by that bra - it blows my mind!! And I love the colour of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is looking good! I feel your pain with computer problems. Lightning struck our wireless network so I've been without e-mail for the past 6 days. It seemed like one problem after another. At least, it's fixed now so I'm catching up with the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete