_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 7 June 2012

I Want More

It's been wet, windy, and cold all week. Today, the sun is shining and things look hopeful. I have several appointments and a list of errands so it won't be a sunny walk in the hills with the puppy but at least getting around town will be more cheerful.




Last week, I bought a knit in the bargain section to use as the lining for my dress. It's fabulous. It washes, presses, and drapes beautifully. I want more which means that Fabricland is one of the stops on my list. The bargain center doesn't turn over that fast so hopefully there's some more of the black left and even other colors. It's the perfect fabric for a Marcy & Diane project at the workshop.

With the dress... the lining is sewn. The basting has been removed and all the seams on the fashion fabric are pinned and ready to serge. It's coming together nicely which is one of the great things about testing a pattern. Adding the sleeves will be a new adventure. First the seams, the neckline piping, and the zipper. I wanted the dress longer than the linen test version only this is too long so I'm debating how much length will come off. I'd like it just above the ankles to wear with heels.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - Yesterday was our 31st anniversary. I am supported and encouraged to explore what interests me, loved blindly, incredibly well taken care of, and extremely thankful.

1 comment:

  1. The dress looks and sounds terrific. Congrats on 31 years!!

    ReplyDelete