_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 4 June 2012

The Birthday Weekend

Now that the birthday weekend is over, Aryck is at work. Howard and Kyle - my son - have gone to Kelowna to renew their passports for their trip in July. Jessica and Kyle - my son-in-law - are on their way to Victoria to visit the parliament buildings, the Empress Hotel, Butchart Gardens and other capital city attractions while celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary. I'm home alone looking after Chloe - their dog - and getting to ready to sew.




Home alone is not such a bad thing after a weekend of company. We had a fabulous time celebrating my 50th birthday. The cake was a combination of eggs, sugar, and chocolate with no gluten. YES!





The table was beautifully set with the attention to details that I enjoy but not so fluffy that we had to hand wash the fine china and take an hour to clean up.



I really enjoyed sitting on the couch, reading my book, and sipping my drink or chatting while my daughter and son-in-law cooked dinner. Quite delightful. Quite yummy. Having adult children is really rather fun.




My kids are my kids. I want them to pose nicely for the picture; they want to act silly. How normal - LOL - and how fabulous that it doesn't bother me nearly as much any more. I've realized this is who we really are and it's way more fun than pretty poses although one or two of those are good too.




There was the typical wee bit of tension that occurs when six people who don't normally live together spend an entire weekend together but mostly we had a lot of fun and family with lunch and shopping on Friday, dinner and bowling Saturday night, and breakfast, church, cake and photos on Sunday. In between we read books, went for walks, played games, watched movies, and talked a lot. All good and a delightful beginning to the decade of my fifties.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - family

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful 50th birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday from Georgia USA. Glutenfree cakes are just as good as the others. We had a wonderfull Blueberry Torte. I do enjoy thr sewing blogs ans I have learnt a lot. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Myrna! I'm glad you were able to spend it with your whole family, sounds like you had fun. The photos are lovely. All the best, Lyn in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Myrna. Glad to see you had a great time with the family. That is always special and will be great memories for you. May there be many more like it!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a wonderful weekend of celebrating. Now you can enjoy the quiet to mull it all over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy, belated birthday, Myrna! It sounds like a nice one. There are no people on earth I'd rather spend my birthday with than my family.

    It sounds like your new home passed the test of a house full of family. That must feel good.

    May the Lord bless your next decade as much or more than that last!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday and wishing you many more!

    ReplyDelete