_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 31 August 2009

Ready To Paint

Three of the canvasses below look like they're already painted. They're not. Back in July, when I was painting the edge on RM1, the 24" and 12" canvasses were nearby. Thinking that all of the canvasses were going to be painted black, I used up the excess paint on them only that plan has changed. Three of the canvasses will be black. Unfortunately, those ones are not two of the three. LOL - life's like that.




The green is a first coat. Over it, will go a textured turquoise. This canvas is for the Color series. Each of those will be a darker shade of the accent color. The Color series and the Texture series will be hung across the gallery from each other. It looks like I'll be able to paint one canvass from each series with the same top color, which is a fabulous way to connect them. The Lines & Shapes pieces will be on black canvasses. All the canvasses will have black edges. Along with their common height, this will create the horizontal line around the gallery that I'm working toward.

Yesterday, Howard put hanging wires on the back of the canvasses and this morning, I'm painting. PROGRESS. It feels great. I'm also thinking about the stack of patterns below. It contains patterns for two skirts, two blouses, two t-shirts, two dresses, and two pairs of jeans. I've narrowed it down to these and need to pick the ones I want to start with - one of each. It looks like I may get to fashion sewing sooner than I thought. My plan for next week was...




... to prep for the class in Victoria the beginning of October except that I've talked to the organizer and there are only three students enrolled, two of which would be paying students as the organizer always gets a free class. She has sent out a reminder to see if there is more interest now that we are closer to the date. We'll make a final decision by the end of the week.

I have a mixed reaction. Income, teaching, and time wise there are all kinds of valid reasons for not going ahead with the workshop only I love to teach, so I want to, but that is also the strongest reason why I don't want to - an emotional one. I don't want my last teaching experience to be less than the best and right now, my last teaching experience was a year ago, also in October, also in Victoria, and it was FABULOUS. Perhaps, that is good and enough.



The jacket of this Vogue 8146 pattern is at the top of my sew list. LOVE the swing back, simple lines, and three quarter sleeves. It's a very easy project and so a good beginning back into sewing. It's also a petite pattern so there's little to alter. Apparently I'm a "true" petite in that I have to take out length across the chest and across the hip. Nice to know why that is.

Time to paint, talk soon - Myrna

Grateful: that I had the exhibit to work on as the final step in closing the business. Instead of saying there is no work and no income and so I'm out of business, it has instead been a choice. Although the economy shows signs of improving, which means there is always that possibility of things turning around, it's not tempting me at all because the nearer the pieces come to completion, the more excited I am about returning to private creativity. Closing the business has become a very desirable decision. YES YES!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you have moved forward in finishing the exhibit. How exciting.

    How are you faring per the forest fires?

    You are in my prayers.

    Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete