_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Battle Royal & Perfect Bras

There was only me and one of the couples left at the B & B yesterday morning. We had a wonderful chat while eating a delicious breakfast of baked pears with formed granola on top drizzled in a honey and yogurt sauce. After breakfast, I drove to the Bocca Cafe to pick up a gluten free, vegan sandwich and another piece of chocolate cake for my lunch before heading to the ferry. Although the landing was in sunshine, by the time we made it to the dock in Vancouver it was pouring. The drive went downhill from there.

There was lots of rain and lots of wind and for some reason the alignment on my car was out and it was battle royal keeping it on the road all the way home. I'd meant to enjoy the scenery, even stop to take a few pictures of the fall colors for you this morning. That didn't happen. I did get home exhausted, unpack, and spend a lazy evening doing nothing. The fabric is stacked by the washer and once I get back from Kyle's doctor's appointment this morning, I'll start cycling that through. There are two more pieces that I picked up in Chilliwack and want to show you.

SO... the only sewing news is that my daughter received the bra in the mail and it fits perfectly with the bridge nicely against the body. She'd like more just like that please. YES YES. While I was away, some more bra supplies arrived. Included in the package is a pattern for a soft cup bra with no seams. That'll be interesting to explore. I've noticed that when I cut out a t-shirt, the front and back go side by side and the sleeve only takes up a portion of the remaining width so there is sufficient fabric left for making a bra. LOL - all my t-shirts could have matching bras and, with another half a meter of fabric, two pairs of matching panties too. What fun.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - home safe and unpacked

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the bra fit! I'd like to know the pattern you got that is seamless. That sounds perfect for my daughter. Do you mind sharing? Pretty please? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have had a bad weather trip on the way home. I had wind yes but the temps were warm and no rain. Got in about 1:30 and was tired. Ready to sew tomorrow as we are very busy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds like you had quite the ride home. No rain here all day in spite of the drippy predictions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry to hear about the long drive in bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a rough and wild welcome back. I know exactly what you mean about enjoying the company at a sewing retreat but also anticipating time alone at home to really get down to business. Have fun back home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Myrna:
    Wow - what a terrible drive experience, but at least you made it! I'll second the request for the name/type of the seamless bra. I make my own (when I have time) and wouldn't mind some more options.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete