_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 23 September 2010

I Packed Light

About the time this posts, I'm backing down the driveway aiming for the 12:30 ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo. The drive shouldn't take six hours except for morning traffic in the city. Every time I have to go through that, I am SO THANKFUL that I live here. It's yuck. BUT... soon... I... can...




... relax on your own, sun drenched, private deck
..... Doesn't that sound divine? Those words alone hooked me never mind the gorgeous grounds and the reputation for yummy food and friendly hosts. I'm really looking forward to this B & B. As you can see, it's beautiful with a private washroom, sitting area, and deck. It's in a semi-rural area about ten minutes from the workshop.




The Snip & Stitch is owned by Kathy and her husband. They do a fabulous job of providing products and organizing workshops and seem to really know their client base. With three day workshops, lunch is provided. Apparently my allergies are not a problem. Funny...

... that's exactly what Lorrie said when she invited me for dinner tonight. Her and her husband live about twenty-five minutes from my B & B. It should be a lovely drive with fall colors. Lorrie and I have never met. We read each other's blogs. Meeting other women, who share my interests, that I never otherwise would have met, is such a wonderful benefit of the Internet and what a treat to have someone cook for me. I'm feeling spoiled.




I packed light. Yeah right - what a joke. It's true if you're talking "personal" items. There's one small suitcase of clothes and a toiletry bag. If you're talking sewing - LOL. There's the sewing machine in its case, the fabric bag, the laptop case, the knitting bag, the serger box with other tools, and the flat box with the cutting mat and table extension. And then, there's the bag of winter gear just in case and the one of gluten/dairy/corn/soy/etc free foods just so I don't starve. In other words, a whole trunk full and - honestly - I did pack light.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - prayers for safe traveling and a fun holiday

7 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm jealous!! It looks great for a get-away.
    Rose @ rosessewingroom. blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time and I hope you get lots accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! Nanaimo is such a great place to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time and enjoy someone else is cooking for me situation. Hope you are able to get all the projects that you want to get done done. Hope you get to some of the "oh I might run out of projects" done too.
    Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's definitely light packing in my experience. Especially when you need to add the sewing stuff to the mix. Last time I did a sewing retreat on a vacation week I used up half of the pickup truck bed for my stuff.... lol.

    Some years I've needed to take along my countertop distiller and tea machine, vitamins, food for most of the week (allergies, but not gluten-intolerance) and my own sheets and pillow.... Enjoy your week and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "light" packing. Looks like mine for a trip especially a sewing trip. But I usually need to take my own pillows too, with a bad back, beds are such a problem.

    ReplyDelete