_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Deep In The Drapery Section

The last two days have been spent deep in the drapery section. Working with my partners, we've sorted, stacked, grouped, bagged, taped securely, and restached roll upon roll upon roll of drapery fabrics. They're long - eight foot - rolls of heavy drapery fabrics. Exhausting. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd I was supposed to have today and tomorrow off only they needed more help today so I'm in for four hours. Apparently there is more stuff and it's taking longer to pack than they had anticipated. Last week, I just wanted the final day to come. This week, I just want to get it all in boxes and get going. After today, my next shift is Friday. If the new location is ready, we'll be working there. If it isn't, we'll have the day off. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd On Sunday - our last day - I picked up a meter and a half of seven different knits. Taxes and fabric came to just over fifty dollars which is a really good deal since these were the higher end knits. Monday, I carted a whole bunch of knits back to be added to the bargain section. I was relieved that none of them were the colors I'd bought even though they are now only slightly less expensive than what I paid. I will get some of the striped knits for trim once we're moved and everything is set up. Hopefully as part of the grand opening sale, the bargain section is 50% off. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Ann - Windows live is part of the update that my husband just did with my computer. I've barely figured it out for email. I'm not a fan of updates and new software so I'm happy to use the "old" Blogger way for now IF they get it fixed. If not, I may have to figure that out. I'm too tired for new software right now. It's so frustrating when things don't work like you expect them to work. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Debbie - the coding isn't there and I can't enter it myself. It doesn't register. The glitch seems to be on Blogger's end. I saw the same situation and/or read about it on a few blogs yesterday. Eventually, it'll be fixed. Luckily, I can use white text for now tedious though it may be. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ParisGrrl - I have talked to the McDonald's woman twice now. Once to compliment the way she dresses and again in Value Village on Saturday. She's a very nice lady. The timing is not good right now to go for coffee. Maybe once work settles down. Re: the credit cards and RTW. Good point. dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Elisabeth - thanks for the hug. The disinclination could be any number of things. Adjusting to work is definitely a factor although I don't think it's the only thing. Blips are normal though and - even though I might wish for higher creativity - if I sew up all those colorful knits, I'll have some much needed summer t-shirts. That's a good start. ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Talk soon - Myrna ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Grateful - even though the RTW t-shirts didn't fit the way I wanted, with these fabulous knits, I can sew some very pretty versions. YES YES

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will have a restful time off from work. Lifting those heavy rolls is hard work.
    I see you bought the gorgeous sky/turq blue knit. I had my hands on it Saturday but didn't buy it. Loved the colour though. I ended up with an expensive white cotton knit.
    Have fun sewing those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been through similar experiences and it is physically and mentally exhausting. I hope they give you an extra day off.

    As for computers, even though I'm an IT person, I don't love updates and new/improved software. In the early days, it was improved and made life easier. These days the improvements are few and difficult to detect. Mostly we are subjected to the indecencies of upgrade glitches for an improved icon or the hiding of a personal favorite software feature. I often froth at the mouth at how "they" moved something for no apparent reason. OKOK rant stop. I feel for you, girl.

    ReplyDelete