_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hopefully Sewing

Before work yesterday, I re-hemmed the black pants an inch shorter, just to have something different to wear. Good thing. I was assigned sorting through buttons to confirm that all the buttons on each peg on every rack were actually the buttons that were supposed to be on that peg. A very up and down and time consuming job. This morning, I feel like I have had a work out. I'm a little stiff - LOL.




Even though they're shorter and wearable, I'm still not entirely happy with the pants. The front crotch length seems too long. I'll make a note on the pattern to look at that next time. I'm sure I'll sew them again. Even though I said the style was boring, it's also flattering and one that I return to over and over again - like princess seams. It works for me. Perhaps it's that familiarity more than anything else that I found boring.



The walls of my studio were covered in sticky notes this morning, each one with a different message. A very creative apology and much appreciated. Reading them is encouraging. The priorities that I've been trying to teach are getting through particularly that life is about relationships. We are so easily distracted by other things, most of which will fade and become irrelevant over time. Relationships are tough. They are good and bad, filled with laughter and painful moments. And yet, in the end, relationships are all there is - something I try to remember when I'm fed up with people.

This afternoon I'm getting my hair cut and having coffee with a friend. This morning is errands. Hopefully somewhere in there I actually get to sew. My dress is still sitting on the work table ready to go.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - heartfelt apologies

1 comment:

  1. OH coffee with a friend, how lovely. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete