_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Partial Flooring

Howard is in Guatemala for two weeks. I'm starting to think that that is the best approach to home renovations. Leave and come back when it's finished. He keeps emailing that I should rest, relax, go for a walk, make sure I sew. LOL - yeah right. He's just too funny.




After I finished sewing the couch cushions, Barb said I should use the remnants to make a purse that matched the couch. I probably will use the larger scraps in some kind of purse but I already have one that matches - my knitting bag. Lime and orange and purple. With all the waiting time there is in renovating, you'd think I'd be much further ahead with the baby blanket and I'm not - significantly that is - just somewhat. After painting for weeks, my hands aren't too thrilled with knitting non stop and even so, I'm about half way.




I've never been good at creating in the middle of clutter and mess so luckily each day brings us just a little bit closer to done. The flooring is finished in the kitchen, dining, and most of the living room. Right now, the furniture is all piled together. By tonight, I should be able to move it around and do a bit of arranging although not too much until the baseboards go on later this week. It's looking good.

Yesterday, while I was watching the news, there was a movie trailer about some kind of retirement place - the Marigold Hotel - or something like that. The blurb was a young man talking to an older woman. He said - everything will be alright in the end so if it's not alright now, it is not yet the end. A chaos soothing comment.

There are thirty-one days in the month of May. The sermon series this month is on Proverbs and there are thirty-one chapters. As a congregation, we've been challenged to read one chapter a day for the month. I'll start later today after I get back from acupuncture and errands. If you want to join me, I'd love to hear how you're impacted by the verses. I find Proverbs full of solid, common sense - a chaos soothing book.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - couch matching knitting bags and other fun moments

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing information about flooring for me, will try to bookmark it and share it to my entire network. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete