_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 25 May 2011

No Pictures

Sunday night, I started on the Burda 7349 skirt. Other than the somewhat complicated folding pattern of the front pleat, it's an easy sew and the only thing that didn't work out well was the back waist band. The pattern piece was too short and I had to recut it. It's not me. I checked a gazillion times.

I finished the skirt yesterday after work and then sewed the New Look 6734 t-shirt to go with. Both are done. Both are at work. There are no pictures. I literally finished in time to scoop them up and head out the door for the staff meeting. There was no time to dress Millicent or me - VBG. When I go in on Saturday, they should be on display and hopefully I can get a picture then.




It appears I have a Burda body. Actually, I've known that for a while. At first, I hated adding the hems and seam allowances. Now that they're included, I dislike all the different cutting lines with the potential for problems. However, the draft fits me so well I should get over that and explore this pattern line more as it has a lot of interesting styles.



I noticed in the instructions that the shape of the sleeve cap (as illustrated) mimics mine with the crown further forward as if for a tipped shoulder. Maybe this isn't from years of sewing and typing. Maybe this is part of my European build. Interesting.

ANYWAY... the jacket in this pattern intrigues me as well. It has soft structure and is more cardigan-like than jacket-like in my opinion. I'm debating it but first I'll need to finish the grad dress. Sharon is coming over this afternoon to pin the hem. If Wendy comes tonight, I'll be able to hand stitch while chatting to her. Perfect.

Before all that - this morning - I have a guest coming. She's a customer at Fabricland and was having fabric cut at the table next to mine, overheard me talking with another customer about my work and career, and asked to be invited over to see my textile art and to talk art. It's taken over a month to figure out a time and today's the day. Should be interesting. She's a furniture artist and creativity workshop co-ordinator.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - It's raining today. This is better than fires, floods, tornados, or earthquakes. I live in a very safe area of the world.

P.S. Sarah Y - if you're reading this can you email me please. When Howard updated my computer, the new email system lost some addresses. One was yours.

1 comment:

  1. "I have a Burda body." I like that you can pinpoint patterns that suit your particular figure type. I know that I do not have a Simplicity body, but I'm not sure that I know what type I do have.

    How fun to meet someone new at work. I hope you have a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete