_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 30 May 2011

The Fabric That Followed Me Home

You miss the weekend when you're inside working all day. Luckily, the store was busy. On Saturday, it may have been because of the steady rain outside. On Sunday, I'm not sure. The weather was gorgeous. When I got home, my neighbourhood was all clipped and cropped. It seemed like everyone had been out working in the yard.




I found shoes to go with the Mother of the Grad dress. They're an antique gold color. Not shiny. Not brown. $44.99 at Payless.





I also found this shades of blue necklace at Reitman's for $24.00. I wear this multi-stringed look a lot. The colors go perfectly with the blue and white paisley wrap top I sewed not too long ago. I wore them both to work yesterday.

There's an interesting thing about numbers. Take gas and weight for instance. Numbers that at one time looked really high start looking really wonderful on the way back down. On the other hand, numbers that keep rising steadily or suddenly jump are far more frustrating. There's nothing you can do about them.

The reason I mentioned the shoe and necklace price is because even though these are reasonable prices (in comparison) they're at least a third more if not double what the price would have been not too long ago. The price of everything has been rising lately just as "they" predicted. It makes you think, which is good.




I'm glad that I'm not much of a shopper - except for fabric. Here's the fabric that followed me home. I had finished cutting a piece for a customer and went to drape and put the bolt back only to discover there was an end in the middle resulting in a one meter remnant. I tried to roll and label it but it informed me it was "buying me" instead... at remnant price of course. I'm good at finding fabric deals.

The dark color is Millicent's cover showing through. I have the fabric draped over the dress form. The color is all turquoise with the burnout design. They asked me at work what I would do with it which made me laugh. Wash it and put it in stash? Maybe I'll sew something soon only it doesn't go with the skirt I'm working on at the moment. Not that I'm going to get much sewing done this week. It's a busy one getting ready for the events next weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - customers

3 comments:

  1. Those shoes are terrific. I'm wearing some in exactly the same colour today. They are the best neutral you'll ever wear. They go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes and the necklace. I'll be stopping at Payless to see if they have them in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric. I see a nice little summer dress with a short lining in the skirt, so that you get a glimpse of skin through it. I want those shoes!

    ReplyDelete