_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 20 June 2011

Pink T-Shirt Plaid Skirt

This pink t-shirt has the distinction of feeling both too tight and too big. On one hand, the fabric clings to every lump and bump and on the other, it looks somewhat baggy. I'm not sure how that works but...




... here is the pink t-shirt from last week with the plaid skirt from a few years ago. Another skirt from the skirt collection. The shades of pink go fabulously together and with my favourite shoes and the love it or not necklace. YES YES! The waist of the t-shirt is blousoned in an effort to make it look more flattering. I'm not sure it worked BUT... I love the color.




Several things struck my mind when I saw this back image. The first was that there is too much ease in the back sleeve cap just as I'd noted earlier. That's easily fixed by redrafting the sleeve to remove it while maintaining the amount of ease in the front which is - finally - perfect. That alteration will also correct the drag lines where they're not hanging straight.

Second, those wrinkles at the back waist are not something for me to get all uptight about. They're caused by the attempt to blouson and/or stretching of the center back seam. That said, there might be too much width through that section that looks like two waists. Either way, breathe in, breathe out, let it go. Once through the washing machine and things will change drastically - usually for the better.

Third, seeing this picture, I started to wonder about the distribution of my waist and of my hips separately. Up until now, I've sewn a larger pattern size for the back and a smaller one for the front and I always end up taking the waist in. Seeing this image made me question if my waist might be evenly distributed with half to the front and half to the back while my hips might be wider across the back. If so, darting would become even more important in the back and allow for better fit. Hmm... something to measure and experiment with.




In the side view, I love the shoes. They're very fun - 3 1/2" heels. And I like the way the skirt fits. I like the line of my back although I'd vote for better undergarments next time. I don't like the bust puckers. They might be enough to start me experimenting with another t-shirt pattern. AND... I don't love how thick my waist looks at the front.

On another blog - sorry I can't remember which one - I recently read that after taking MMJ photos, the blogger has decided to lose a bit of weight and tone up. I think I should but most likely I won't. I never seem to get around to regular exercise - however - hopefully - with my recent food shifts, the lack of a big bag of potato chips every day will translate to a more flattering image. I know I've lost a few pounds already.

Aren't digital cameras the most amazing thing? It's so valuable to be able to take lots of pictures from every angle and analyze them from an emotional distance. Who'd have thought that a good camera and a tripod would be essential fitting tools.

Yesterday's sermon was thought provoking. It was on the brevity of life and the importance of not putting things off forever because there's only so much time. The pastor also talked about planning your own funeral not only to take the stress off of your loved ones but to be sure that what's important to you gets done and said by the people you want it done and said by in the location you'd like it done and said in. It's your last opportunity to have your say, to share your story. We all have one. Apparently, the average Canadian lives to 81.2 years. Our pastor noted that all things being equal, he was 70% done. That makes me 60% done. Something to think about.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - a lazy weekend

7 comments:

  1. Your outfit is very pretty. I love the color! I couldn't see all those flaws you pointed out. It is great that you are able to look at these photos and see just what you need to do to make the next top more to your liking.
    My mother planned her funeral and boy was I glad!!! I know some things that I want done at mine. I've been telling my girls, but they say I need to write everything down. I guess I should do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific color and proprtion on you. Yes, the digital camera is a great tool for sewing. I must get a tripod this summer so I'm not so dependent on DH for pics. Your minister's sermon resonates with me all too well this year. It's a short precious life, no matter how long it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is, head to toe, a lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! The color just lights up your face. It's a picture of perfection. It fills me with hope that I'll be able to find my perfect color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit on you. The color is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete