_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 22 July 2010

Misc Stuff #2

Karen and I had a wonderful day yesterday. We moved slow, talked lots, drank tea & coffee, and nibbled goodies. We went to the Farmer's Market in the morning and bought fresh raspberries for dessert last night and peaches to make a cobbler today using gluten free oats.

In the afternoon, we checked out the sales at the mall and looked at the fall fashions. As always, I enjoyed the details. The clothes are still quite feminine and interesting. It's hard to believe that we're having end of season sales in July. The woman at Costco told me they'll be putting out Christmas in a couple weeks. IMHO - that's just ridiculous even if the rush to bring in fall clothing helps me with my sewing decisions. OH - that reminds me to go order those BMV patterns I was looking at. Did you order some?

In the evening, we looked through my collection of gluten free and vegan cookbooks and compared ideas and recipes. My books stagger the time frame of my increase in allergies. I started out just with gluten free and then dairy and then corn and soy and then yeast and eggs and and and... so I have some books that are gluten free and some that are gluten and dairy free and some that are gluten free and vegan which helped with the egg allergy and so on. In the end, there are two books that I like quite a lot and about six or seven I have to pick through and still find substitutions for substitutions. It's frustrating although eighteen month's later, I am ever so slowly learning new things about cooking BUT... it's certainly not easy. I'd rather sew.

Debbie Cook wrote - I'm confused. The legal age in the U.S. is 18. Except for drinking alcohol - that's 21. But you're a legal adult at 18.

Thanks for clarifying Debbie. I wonder if it was just the border guard last year getting a "bee in his bonnet" because it was the guard who told Howard that he needed the permission slip. We hadn't required one for the years before. Sorry for confusing the legal and drinking age. If I'd thought about it a bit more, that would have made sense. Ours in Canada is the same. I'm not even sure what the age of consent is. LOL - I expect my children to be good and listen no matter how old they are.

Have a great day - Myrna

Grateful - fresh berries with flavour and jeans for Jessica for $2.00

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious what are the two cookbooks you like best.

    ReplyDelete