_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Misc Stuff

Depending on how things go with my cousin, I may or may not post every day this week. She arrived around noon yesterday. The flights went well. So did my cleaning. The house is licked and promised, good and enough. She has two boys as well so she gets clean dirt.

Howard called last night and they had made it safely to their destination. He was feeling pretty good and had done lots of stretching along the way. No one would let him help at all with the camp set-up. EXCELLENT. Poor guy is feeling useless though. I know he'll find other tasks he can do.

Carol wrote - I'm slightly amused by you having to write a letter for your son. Here in Australia...

In Canada, the legal age is 19 but in the United States it is 21 so the letter was because Howard was taking them into another country. The border between the US and Canada is not wide open. You have to go through border crossings with agents in both directions.

Karen wrote - Maybe you can get back to sewing realizing that Howard is healing and you don't have the heavy load of responsibility to carry.

Sounds great. I think it'll be a little slower than that as he's not allowed to do too much until the end of September. That's when I'm taking a workshop so when I get back, it'll be life more as normal. I'm looking forward to that. Yes, sewing does take some of the stress off. I'm glad it helped you with your situation.

You also wrote - Hang in there and tell us about the next piece of clothing you are going to make. Maybe another T & T tee shirt with the gathers like the one you showed us earlier.

Either McCalls or Butterick has a pattern along those lines so I'm going to order it in the latest sale and see how the sleeve is shaped. If I was sewing for necessity, I really could use more tops so that would be a place to start although I'd also like some more skirts and dressier pants... well... and dresses... and... hmm... I need just about everything. Seeing I only have one day, it'll most likely be another t-shirt and skirt.

Susan Being Snippy wrote - Glad things are easing up for you, I have been reading but not commenting lately.

Thanks. I'd missed your comments and wondered how you were doing.

On cousin time, it's two hours later. I imagine she's hungry or at least ready for coffee on the porch. I absolutely LOVE our porch. After that, I'm not sure what we'll do. Today is the Farmer's Market downtown so we might wander around there and pick up some fresh fruit for her. I'm not a fruit lover; she is. I live in fruit country; she doesn't. Isn't life like that.

Sew something for me. What are you working on?

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - safe traveling

3 comments:

  1. "What are you working on?"

    I have two projects going at once. I am enrolled in a monthly "Breakfast Club" at my LQS and I am piecing a pattern called "Dutch Breakfast". It is really starting to come along.

    My second project is all your 'fault' :)))
    You have been blogging about your return to making clothing for yourself and you have inspired me. I picked up a pattern for a wrap skirt last week and have cut out a muslin to try and make sure it looks good before I work with the fabric that I got. The fabric is close to your favorite Lime Green. It is not something in my normal palate so you have inspired me to move outside of my box. Most of my skirts are a variation of black and white or black and gold. (Black makes you look slimmer) LOL.

    Have a great day, Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused. The legal age in the U.S. is 18. Except for drinking alcohol - that's 21. But you are a legal adult at 18.

    Have fun with your cousin's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on skirts for school (I'm a teacher). My t'n't skirt pattern is 20 years old and I need to let it out some as I've "grown slightly" . And the 20 year old black skirt is tired and too tight, so time for a new one. I've got two in progress (black and a houndstooth check) and have a dark stretch denim cut out.
    However, I didn't do much more than laze about today and enjoy a long walk with my dog. I'm in Alberta and we've finally had a warm sunny day without rain for a change.
    Thanks for your skirt advice from before (the elastic waist one), I did make one, but need to play a bit to make something that will work for my professional wardrobe. I ended up allowing more ease than I really needed. Still it works for summer.
    Enjoy your time with your cousin,
    JodieK

    ReplyDelete