_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 23 July 2010

Peach Cobbler

Yesterday, we talked and and talked and talked and - I was right - we haven't run out of words yet although we're running out of time. Karen leaves today. We need to head to the airport at noon so we have a little more time for coffee on the porch and perhaps another serving of...




... peach cobbler. We used the Cinnamon Spice Muffin mix from Only Oats and mixed it with brown sugar and Becel Vegan "butter" to make the crumble topping. YUMMY. I missed ice-cream melting on top. Apparently I need to buy an ice-cream maker so I can make it myself from rice, almond, or coconut milk.




On the way home from the airport, I'm going to stop at Fabricland and see if they have that t-shirt pattern with the gathers up the sleeve. I waited too long to hit the purchase button on the BMV sale so the patterns are in my cart waiting for next time. Not a big deal either way. The big deal is that tomorrow I can spend the whole day sewing. YES YES!

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - my daughter fell down her back stairs yesterday and landed so hard on her behind that she blacked out for a bit BUT... she's okay. I'm glad. I just wish she lived a little closer so I could see for myself.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, that must have hurt!!
    It's hard being a mum when your kids don't live nearby ... you can't just pop in and check up on them ... :)
    She'll probably have some bruises.
    Your peach cobbler looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter fell down the steps she went from step to step on her rump. It went undiagnosed for about two weeks but she had a compression fracture. Keep checking on your daughter and if necessary give her a nudge to go see an orthopaedic group.

    I hope she is much better soon.

    I like the peach cobbler too. Can I have a piece?

    Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter was lucky she didn't hurt herself too badly. I've never had peach cobbler. It looks good. Instead of ice cream have you ever tried freezing a banana and then processing it until smooth in a food processor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your deck looks to be a wonderful place to sit and knit! And so lovely to enjoy it with welcome company...

    ReplyDelete