_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Sewingless Sewing Blog

When I woke up this morning, I did not feel like blogging. Apparently, that's going around although I can't be nearly as eloquent about it as Peter was in yesterday's non-posting.



My serger doesn't usually sit here side-by-side with the sewing machine. This is its Wednesday place when Wendy is over to sew. It hasn't shifted all week which is rather telling of the sewingless-ness of this sewing blog. Some weeks are like that. And I'm working on the simplest pants ever. How hard could that be. I'd say I'm going to sew them today but so far I haven't started so we'll see.


Last night, I noticed these ripe cherry tomatoes clinging to a vine that died earlier from too much rain. Somehow, the tomatoes persevered. That seemed symbolic of hope.



For the past few weeks, we've been accumulating things for Aryck to move out with. His move is my focus of today... or possibly tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I have until Thursday after work to wash the new sheets and dishes and serge away the ravels on some towels we're passing along to him. He's quite capable of doing this on his own. Doing it for him is a gift. We aren't the kind of parents that buy our children "stuff" all the time however, we love to spoil them when there's an occasion... like moving into your first apartment. It's a milestone for all of us.

I'm taking Aryck grocery shopping on the weekend to stock up on the basics and we've already collected most of the necessary kitchen supplies. It's enough to get him off to a good start and after that, he's on his own - and he'll be fine - although I was very relieved to hear that the apartment only has a shower and not a bath tub. Aryck LOVES baths. He takes an hour long one every day. I imagine he'll be home to take a bath once in a while and that's just perfect. YES YES!

And now... breakfast and then an appointment and then possibly sewing while washing.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - blah days eventually blow away

2 comments:

  1. Well, no WONDER you don't feel like sewing/blogging. Your son moving out is a big transition for both of you. Give it a little time.

    ReplyDelete