_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 4 August 2011

Too Low To Resist

Between our hotel and Jessica's apartment was a store called My Sewing Place. Naturally, I wondered what that was all about. It turned out to be a quilt shop that carried Bernina sewing machines. A nice store that I remembered being in once before only I don't quilt anymore so this time I wasn't interested in the fabric. They did have...




... a wonderful selection of buttons, the kind that you'd use as a focal point or on a knitted sweater. Jessica thought the ones above were the perfect color for me. They are. I'm debating how to use them in a project for the Fall 6-pac otherwise they'll end up in stash like the ones I bought a few years ago in Everett - not quite forgotten but not used yet.




This kettle was supposed to take the place of the one we already have, the one I was giving to Aryck when he moved out. It's a beautiful lime green, very me, only the boys hate it. Oh well. It looks great in our kitchen. The color appears more yellow than blue based next to the walls. Strange how that happens. They're both blue based away from each other.




Springs is a chain of shoe stores that we don't have in Kamloops so I guess the shoe shopping was slightly different than the repeat shopping I talked about yesterday. They were having an "additional 30% off" sale. These boots were already been marked down significantly and with the additional reduction came to $35.00. Too low to resist. They'll be perfect for fall.




I spent some time yesterday afternoon looking at patterns for the Fall 6-pac and decided to start with the skirt of this OOP Vogue 2925 wardrobe pattern and go from there. I've never managed to make it through a sew-a-long of any kind in the past. I think it's the over planning. It kills the joy. I'm hoping that moving in a definite but not completely defined direction will make it work. It helps that I need clothes.




This pattern is one of the few wardrobe patterns where I like all of the views. I've sewn the pants before and really love the jacket. I may end up using the pattern for the entire project. We'll see. For now, I'm starting with the skirt in a black, crepe back satin sewn with the crepe side out. It'll be drapey with a wedding - funeral - interview - church - office overtone - somewhat classic with a twist. The suggestion was to create foundational basics, well sewn, with quality fabrics, that will mix and match and last for a while. VBG - it's an idea.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - numerous patterns to chose from

1 comment:

  1. Did I miss a post somewhere? What's the Fall 6-pac?

    I like the lines on that skirt pattern.

    ReplyDelete